Joyska's Journal: One deck short











Friday, April 22, 2005

One deck short

First tornadoes, then fire. Yep, the apartment next to me but one story up mysteriously had it's deck start on fire at 5:oo in the morning. I woke up around 3:15am and smelled smoke. Since I am such a huge fan of fire, I decided to investigate. I walked around my apartment checking every possible source of fire, but smelled it mostly in the kitchen and the bathroom (which of course should have clued me in to the fact it was next door!)

Anyway, I went on to my deck, saw nothing, when outside in search of flames, saw nothing, thought I was insane, and went back into the apartment, and went back to bed... (please note, i did not say went back to sleep) About an hour later, I smelled the smoke again. Except it was stronger and I was freaking out.

by 4:50 there was a man pounding on the doors making it very clear that there was indeed a fire in our building and that we needed to evacuate immediately!

Oh joy oh bliss!!
So we watched as the fireman took an axe to the deck. Very exciting. We took some pictures, but have misplaced the camera in all the excitement. Besides, tomorrow we are expecting an earthquake so we will show you the pictures then... after all, isn't that what follows the tornado and fire?
Joyska at 9:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home