Joyska's Journal: 13 years of wondering











Thursday, May 19, 2005

13 years of wondering

I've been reading the story of Joseph today, inbetween my many meetings with friends. I read most of it this afternoon... what hit me was that Joseph was thrown into the pit when he was seventeen. He went before Pharoah to interpret the dreams when he was thirty. 13 years of wondering why he was where he was, 13 years of trusting that God's hand was stronger, 13 years of remaining faithful to following his God with his whole heart. God prospered him in every circumstance, but they were horrible circumstances to begin with, yet, Joseph chose to stay true to his God.

Amazing, and yet, does God call us to any less?

13 years ago I was 20. I was in college, was working in the inner city of Grand Rapids, MI, and was a very different person. The last 13 years have shaped me and made me ready for what he is doing in me today. Joseph showed himself worthy, not that he didn't make mistakes, but that his heart always said yes to trusting God... even when and especially when he didn't understand. He was left for 2 years in jail AFTER he interpreted the Bakers dream... and yet it was all in God's timing and somehow Joseph knew to trust that. God used him to literally save the known world during the famine.

13 years. I get restless after 3 weeks of difficult circumstances! Always something to aspire too!

Anyway, if you are in Winnipeg, and still want to connect, my days are filling fast! Call me!
Joyska at 5:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home