Joyska's Journal: In the Beginning











Monday, May 16, 2005

In the Beginning

I had a professor in college who used to put jokes as extracredit marks on his exams. For example, I remember one that said, "how do you know that God likes baseball? Answer: because of the phrase in the big inning!" Lame I know, but good for a couple points on an exam.

That however is not the point of this blog. I began reading Genesis this morning. This will be my third time through the old testament in a year. I switched versions and am now reading the NKJV. I like it a lot. I was reading through the creation account and was reminded of one of the things I have learned since being in Kansas City. Every creation was SPOKEN into being... except man. It says in Genesis 2:7 "and the Lord God FORMED man of the dust of the ground and BREATHED into his nostrils the breathe of life and man became a living being."

The saying "Eternity stepped into time" rocks me. He stepped into time by breathing into us. His very hand formed man. His very breath fills our frame. Without his hand and his breath we are dust...

Humbling. and profound.

I felt once, that the Lord said to me "I weep at your self assessment". I think this is part of the reason. He breathed into me life, he formed me with his hands... and I complain about what I look like, or I don't like something about who I am...etc. and it makes him weep.

This is part of the reason that I am turning my heart to follow him wholeheartedly. He formed me with his very hand and he breathed HIS breath into me. There is no other source of my life... there is no other reason to live...

Let his breath fill your frame again today...
Joyska at 6:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home