Joyska's Journal: Growing up











Sunday, June 05, 2005

Growing up

There is a growing sense in me that I, at 33, am actually grown up.

I have an apartment.
I have my own set of dishes, pots and pans, and my own living room set.
I own a plant that hasn't died.
I deside what I want to do, and do it... all the time (and it is NOT considered rebellion!!!)
I LOVE reading the Bible and Praying.
I pay the bills.
I drive (still don't own a car, but I drive).
Kids think I am 40. (I guess I have no choice but to be grown up!)
and probably the most tell tale sign is that:
I'm seen as responsible.

I miss the days of NO responsibility sometimes. I love what I do, don't get me wrong, but I do miss the days when I could go and just play with the toys, not pick them up, to make the craft, not have to think it up and make it ready for 25 kids! I miss the days when someone told me what room I was supposed to go to, rather than facilitate 11 staff. And yet if I am honest, I would rather do what I do, than do anything else... so I guess I don't miss it that much!

A little boy this morning told me that he will be six in a week. That means he can start going to the older kids class and he is more than excited. He is also more than ready. He reads already, and speaks (fluently -- no joke) 3 langauges. He also showed me this morning that it is moments like what he experienced, that make me glad that I do what I do.

We were worshiping to the song, "Now is the Time to Worship" and the kids were all really into it. I was too. Then I look over at Oswald (that really is his name!) and he is in his "cave" (our prayer posture in Prayer Ground) interceeding for his classmates. I heard him praying, "god, PLEASE, let them really come to worship you and not just pretend or obey Miss Joyshika" I almost burst into tears.) I am so humbled by these kids, which is probably also why I feel overwhelmed by the responsiblity sometimes. This is not a small thing. It is eternity that we are touching! And these kids are closer to it than I am. I am truly humbled, and truly awed, and truly honoured to be with them every chance I can.
Joyska at 12:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home