Joyska's Journal: 34











Sunday, July 31, 2005

34

wow... on Thursday I turn 34. No, this is not some sad plea for "happy birthday" or anything (although... just kidding). I just am in one of those pensive moods that make me think about my life.

I went out last week with a couple of new found friends to IHOP (the pancake spot) and ended up talking all night long. we got there at 11:00 and left at 6:00 in the morning. I haven't done that in a long time and it was great! We talked about everything and anything... we laughed, we got really serious, and we had some real deep theological discussions. I got home (tired) but totally "alive".

Things have changed so much over the last year. It's been a great year full of growing and moving, and coming to a whole new place both physically and in my walk with God. Since August last year, I have spent 6 months as Children's Director at WCV, went home for Christmas, went to Grand Rapids to visit friends and fam, said many hard goodbyes, moved to Kansas City, am now directing Prayer Ground, took a three month training at IHOP,walked a 5K and am training for another, had many visitors, lived with a room mate, and now live alone. That is a lot of changes!

But the amazing thing amongst all those changes is that I have never been more sure that I am where I need to be. I still don't own a car, I don't have a great income, I'm single, and now am even more on my own than I used to be, but I am WHO and WHERE God wants me... and that is good enough for me!
Joyska at 8:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home