Joyska's Journal: a new definition of Night Watch











Thursday, July 14, 2005

a new definition of Night Watch

Well, caffiene is good. I have been asked and recruited to come to the Night watch tonight... to watch the teens. It is the last night of the Summer Teen Intensive Track 1 and they are required to be in the Night Watch from 10:00 pm - 6:00 am. I have the honour of making sure they stay here and participate. So I am a Night watchman tonight. It's good, It requires me to be in the prayer room for 8 hours as well. so it is me, 9 other watchmen and 200 teens plus the Fire in the Nighters. I once again feel old, but good.

I am hubled to be here too. The Lord is really working on my heart these days. It's unto that 100% pursuit thing that keeps popping up on this blog. God has not let me walk away from it (thank you LORD!) My heart is pulled to his presence but my body and mind often are wandering, wanting and pursuing anything but that intimacy. I'm praying for a breakthrough in that area, that my sole motivation in a day is to find all my provision in Him.

Everything from time management to planning ahead, to my personal pursuits is being called into scrutiny. It is a hard process to walk through but a good one. Please pray for clarity of what the Father is speaking to my heart. My heart longing is to know Him more and for Him to be ALL. What that requires is a lot of giving up of the things I have loved more than Him. When I gave up my movies, I was so proud of myself... i have a feeling that was just the beginning!
Joyska at 8:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home