Joyska's Journal: standing in the place of contending











Tuesday, July 12, 2005

standing in the place of contending

today in the 10:00 prayer meeting, Dwayne Roberts had everyone who had a long term disease or injury come up to the front. There are a number of people within the community who are struggling with Cancer or other forms of disease, so there were about 10 people who went forward.

I stayed in my seat, because, though I struggle with Diabities, it is not like Cancer so I wasn't thinking I fit the discription. Anyway, I was praying and heard (again) "reach out and touch the hem of my garment". I knew I was to go forward.

I went forward and prayed for those who were sick, until some who knew I was diabetic began to pray for me. As far as I can tell, I am not yet healed, but it was an amazing experience. We prayed for the full 2 hours... praying for God to break in, to heal,to restore, to bring Him glory etc. The room was electric and many were impacted. I wish I could say that all were healed, and that all were changed, but at that point I don't know of any... but that doesn't change the reality of contending for what we know is true.

He is a God who loves to heal. He is a God who doesn't cause sickness. And he is a God who cares for me beyond anything I know. Sickness like Diabities is a hiccup in the grand scheme of things. So I will continue to contend for healing for me, for my dad and where ever I see it. Truth is always better than fiction!
Joyska at 6:55 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home