Joyska's Journal: old vs young at heart











Friday, July 08, 2005

old vs young at heart

tonight i walked into the Ecounter God Service with 200 teens for the STI (summer team intensive) 50 18-25 year olds for the One Thing internship, and another 80 or so 18-25 year olds who are part of the fire in the night. So... from there, i walk into the early childhood and hang out with the 1-5 year olds...

Did I mention that i will be 34 in less than a month?

I am honoured and priveleged to be here, no question,,, but I do feel a little bit old sometimes... and yet, I CAN keep up with them... I'm JUST as smart (probably wiser) and I CAN do the aerobic workout they all do when dancing...

Okay, maybe I am getting old!

But then as I was getting ready to leave tonight, three of the teens came up to me and wanted to just "hang out" with me more this week! SEE... I am cool and hip enough to be with these young uns. Either that or they want a free coke at Higher Grounds!!! heehee.

Then on MSN today, almost all my MSN buddies were 13 and younger! They WANT to talk to ME!! I love it... and sometimes, God interupts and a profound thing will happen for them, but most often for me... I learn something from them and am blessed. I love the young!

well, young or old, I know that God knows exactly the plan and place he has for me, so for now, being wise amongst the young is my lot... I can handle that.
Joyska at 9:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home