Joyska's Journal: the quiet before the storm











Sunday, July 03, 2005

the quiet before the storm

it's a quiet Sunday morning. I could get used to this being on my own thing. I've put on a pot of Tim Horton's coffee, I'm watching yet another thunderstorm roll in and I am praying for my kids this morning. we usually have 20-25 of the little guys (just in the 4-5 year old class!) and I am relishing the quiet before the storm. (literally!)

As I am sitting here, there are people running to get out of the rain right outside my apartment. (not realizing that they will get wetter when they run than if they walk... right BEV?) It is July 4th weekend and I am sure this rain is destressing a few of the die hard fireworks enthusiasts around here.

I realized the other day, that LAST July 4th I was in Arkansas with Jason, Yvonne, and Lannny. A year ago we were watching as these crazy Americans lit firework after firework with no fear of injury... including moving one that was already alight. Now I realize that I am a chicken, especially when it comes to anything to do with fire, but isn't it generally considered unwise to approach something with a fuse already lit that is designed to blow up? Just a question.

Anyway, God has his own fireworks going this morning and they are spectaculor!

To my American readers HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!
Joyska at 6:10 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home