Joyska's Journal: week in review











Sunday, July 10, 2005

week in review

It has been a busy week and I wanted to fill you all in on the goings on.

First, it has been a week of Winnipeg reunions! Larry Reimer, Cam Tucker and Joel Agustin all arrived in the wee hours of Thursday Morning. After an early run to Ihop (house of pancakes) and slamming Joel's fingers in the van door, we continued on with prayer room, Wal-mart, Jack Stack's, Panera Bread, prophetic rooms, healing rooms, some occasional sleep and lots of laughing and catching up.

Then I come out of the prayer room on Saturday and lo and behold, it is Sue, Cassia, Jazreel followed by Jehu, Jadon, and Harv. We were quickly joined by Joel, Larry and Cam and it was a big Winnipeg hoopla in the entrance of IHOP! We all said good bye to Lars and Cam, and went on to EGS. Joel is staying for six months, Harv and Sue are here til Wednesday am, and I love it! (not to mention the fact that Pam and Nancy are here too!)

This week as well has been a week of battling fevers, laryngitus (STILL!!!), and upset stomachs. Sickness is lingering a long time for me right now. Today is day 21. I know... stop complaining and go to the doctor!

Then on Saturday (before all the hoopla at IHOP) I did something I never thought I would actually do... let alone tell people. I participated in a 5K race. Now before you get visions of me running triumphantly through a tape with arms raised and a smile on my face, remember I said this was my first race. AND it was a 5K run OR walk. I did a little of both. It was a fundraiser to help inner city children in KC, and it was called Kids4Character. My goal was to finish, and to not be last. Well, I finished and I did it in just under 51 minutes. That may not be very fast, but I wasn't last. I saw a t-shirt on a woman that said "the miracle isn't that I finished, it is that I had the courage to start." I want a T-shirt like that. I knew I could finish, but it took years to get the courage to try and to start.

SO... I'm going to do it again on September 11... try to be a little faster, maybe run a little more, maybe not, that isn't the point. The point is I can. And now I can always say I can...and I did. (even in the midst of sickness).

So there ya go... my week in review! To top it off, during the testimony time at tonights EGS, Joely got up (on invitation of Tracy Sliker) and shared the miracle of incredible financial provision at the "11th hour" (Literally 7 hours before they left to come here!) and did it well! I tell ya, Winnipeggers are being highlighted EVERYWHERE!!!!

Too funny!
Joyska at 7:36 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home