Joyska's Journal: humbled











Sunday, August 14, 2005

humbled

I am humbled this morning by the wonder and Glory of God. I woke up this morning with a song of his Holiness ringing in my head. this morning I am talking to the kids about the throne room of God, about the four creatures, about the elders throwing down their crowns... the whole Revelation 4 senario. I'm excited to remind them that it is to God the Glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ that we pray to! Since I have begun working on a curriculum for the 4 and 5 year olds on the Apostolic prayers, I am awed by who it is we are praying to!

I'm also awed at God's heart towards me, and especially toward the children. That has always been a motivator for me and what I do, but lately it has so grabbed my heart of what it is that he longs for from and for these little ones. It is such a sweet relationship and one of complete trust and mercy. I sat and talked with some 7 and 9 year olds the other day who were here visiting with their parents. They were asking questions like
"why does God let people die?"
"why do people make fun of me for being a Christian?"

Tough questions, but as we sat and talked about all the stories in the Bible where God came through for people and about judgement and mercy (i'm on that kick lately!) and how he draws us to himself with difficult times... I watched in awe as it clicked in their minds and they became a little more fascinated with this man Jesus... and so did I.

That is what I want people to see in me! A fascination with Jesus. A longing to see him in everything... a willingness to submit to his soveriegnty. That is my heart cry this early morning! Be blessed in your pursuit!
Joyska at 5:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home