Joyska's Journal: the chocolate factory











Friday, August 05, 2005

the chocolate factory

i went to go see Charlie and the chocolate factory yesterday with Tracy and her daughter Andrea. Not the most amazing movie I have ever seen, but entertaining enough. It left me with a question though... what would you, when you enter into the area where everything is edible, what is the first thing you would eat?

It's an interesting question for sure. Tracy is so practical and wanting to NOT throw anything out that she would look for the smallest thing...like blades of grass or a small grape size candy, so she could taste lots of things... not just one big thing. ME? Go for the chocolate baby! The most solid piece... what ever it was! Though I was interested in the grass as well!

It got me thinking though about what does motivate me? I want something solid, something that satisfies and makes a difference. That is pretty much me. I don't like "wasting" time on things that are gone in an instant, or are not going to leave a mark or impression. I think that is part of why I love working with kids. They are a relatively blank slate, empty canvas, empty candy mold... whatever metaphore you want to use; and my "job" is to leave an impression... to help them begin their experience with God. Big leap from what candy you would eat first in the chocolate factory... but it works in my head.

I've been working on writing a curriculum on the Apostolic prayers for early childhood. I love having to break it down into pieces the kids can understand and hopefully take with them into their prayer life. Again it's about giving language to prayer for them, and leaving an impression that the Holy Spirit makes in them. Not me. Ephesians 1:17-19 will literally take us through Christmas!!! But in that we will talk about God's glory, wisdom, revelation, their future, who they are as ones who are called, the promises of God, their eyes of their heart being opened, the power of God... it's crazy how much is in those 3 verses alone!

Anyway, it is off to EGS! Thanks for all the birthday greetings!
Joyska at 3:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home