Joyska's Journal: life lessons











Sunday, March 05, 2006

life lessons

The Lord has been teaching me a lot of things about life lately.

The most important lesson I am learning is that LOVE is supposed to be the core of all I am and do. The book of I John talks about the fact that God IS Love, that we can't claim to know God, and yet not know love.

What does that mean exactly? Is my response when I am insulted or hurt supposed to be love? Yes, actually. I am to love those that "drive me crazy"? Yes. And here is the greater question for me, do I readily receive love from those who extend it?

Along with the lessons on love, I am learning the kindness of God, because there is also something that we call GRACE. The Lord, he sees my heart. He knows the reasons why giving and receiving love are difficult, but he also doesn't let me stay there and calls me to a higher revelation.

It's a lesson that God has been teaching me for years, but I am seeing that His heart demands holiness and obedience, and yet never gives up on me when I fail.

My job is to give Him all my worship, all my praise, and to recognize he ALONE is worthy of it. In that, He will change me day by day.
Joyska at 1:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home