Joyska's Journal: it's not a game!











Tuesday, April 18, 2006

it's not a game!

i was downtown today and while we were praying I felt so strongly that the Lord was reminding me and all of us in the room that what we are doing is not a game. it's easy to get into a mode where you are just doing the stuff to do the stuff. That going downtown to feed people is fun, that praying for the breakthrough in the city is cool thing to do... but it is so much more than that.

Today we had a number of new faces in our prayer meeting. 5 to be exact, and all of them at a crossroad in their life. The question before them is "are you in or are you out?" It's eternal issues we are dealing with. Do I realize that as I speak and joke around with them? Do I (as one of our newer folks said) realize that I am the only Bible some people will ever see?

So I am reminded of the urgency of what we do. It is truly not a game, and it something that I can't take lightly. I am thankful for the reminder and even more excited for what the Lord is going to do amongst these wonderful people.
Joyska at 6:39 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home