Joyska's Journal: Revelation 4:11











Thursday, April 06, 2006

Revelation 4:11

"You are worthy O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created."

This is what the 24 elders are proclaiming everytime they throw down their crowns before the throne of God.

I am in awe of this. The Lord is worthy to receive glory honour and power... that I have always thought. He is the only one worthy. And then I ask "Why?" My answer (in my little conversation in my head) is that He is the one who died for me, He is the son of God, He just is... He is worthy.

Revelation 4:11 says it's because He created all things... that by His will they exist and were created. I knew this (still do) but this really is phenominal. without our being created, we would never given glory and honour to Him... The elders see the wonder of His creation, the very wisdom of God in His creation... creation of ALL things.

I'm at a loss as to how to describe my awe and wonder of these words. But with the elders I throw down everything of my own honour and give it to the one who created me!
Joyska at 10:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home