Joyska's Journal: prayer requests











Tuesday, March 21, 2006

prayer requests

It has been a busy weekend once again. The Guse' are on their way home after spending a few days here in Kansas City. Johan and Corrie arrived here around 10:00 last night and are soaking up the prayer room. It is so great to have them sitting here in the room with me! Makes me miss home too. But having them here is the best of both worlds!!

Today is Tuesday, however, which means another trip downtown for Hope City. Lisa and Jane (two of our leaders) were unable to come so it was a small group, but the prayer time was powerful. I only have two weeks left of my class, and then I'll be going with them on Monday nights to feed the poor as well. I am really looking forward to that.

Now here are the prayer requests:

Chase (Lisa's new grandchild!) was born yesterday around 5:00 and was perfectly formed (10 fingers, ten toes, everything in the right place...:) always a good thing, but especially in this case where we weren't 100% sure of that, because of the siezure meds the mamma was on). We are praising the Lord for this miracle!
He was 6 lbs 15 oz and beautiful! He is however in need of many prayers. He was born with fluid in his lungs and spots on his lungs that are indicators of pneumonia. He needs a feeding tube here soon, as he hasn't yet eaten much. I for almost 2 months now have had the word "BREATHE" going through my heart and mind as I have prayed for Chase. Please pray as well: "In the name of the Almighty God and His son Jesus Christ, BREATHE, Chase, BREATHE!"

I had the privilege of laying hands on him today and praying those very words. I am believing for his miraculous healing! Please pray with us!

Another (less dramatic) prayer request is we, as Hope City,are in need of a new location to feed and pray with our faithful crew. The building we are in is being closed down by the 31st of March, and we therefore are homeless ourselves. We have the opportunity to use a room down the street that is actually a church called Urban Impact, who only uses the room on Saturdays. We do not feel like this is a long term home, but we do feel that it will serve us well in the meantime. We are praying that God will give us a home in which we can "settle" (Psalm 107) and develop the things He has placed on our hearts.

Please pray for clear direction for us as a ministry, and as we try to maintain contact with the people who out of necessity are scattering a bit. It's an interesting time, yet we feel the Lord has promised many things, and we just need to remain faithful in the coming to pray.

One more request. As of the end of the month, i will no longer be receiving any finances from IHOP, as I have switched completely to working with the inner city outreaches here. My support from Canada is significantly less, as I have been away a year, and most commitments were for that time. I am asking the Lord to show me His will in this, and am open to whatever happens. If I am to be here, He will establish me. Please pray with me for clear leading in this. Thank you to all who are continuing to send monthly contributions! It is a gift greatly appreciated.

So, to summarize "Breathe, Chase, Breathe" "Settle Hope City" and "Establish Joyska"
Not to hard to remember eh?
Joyska at 8:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home