Joyska's Journal: early morning in the prayer room











Monday, April 10, 2006

early morning in the prayer room

It's 2:41 am and I am in the prayer room. The prophetic singers are singing this phrase:

All i can do is lean, all i can do is cling to your mercy... this is what you require, this is all you desire from me.

I was struck by the truth and power of these words. Of course it is based on Psalm 51:16-17, and it is truth that I needed to hear. I get so caught up in the "what needs to be done... where I need to be next... what the purpose of my being here" is all about that I often miss the simplicity of "all I can do is lean, all I can do is cling to your mercy", because no matter what or how I do anything... it is nothing without Him.

So here I sit praying through my "list" and find that I need to ask for your prayers as well. Please pray for me these four thngs...

1. That God would show me how to love... myself, others, and most importantly HIM!

2. That God would establish me here, both financially and with stability of schedule, friends etc.

3. That I wouldn't miss what God is doing by finding this prayer room common place.

4. That Hope City (the inner city ministry/prayer room) would be firmly established in Kansas City and that many homeless and addicted would find mercy and restoration there!

I've been here a year and 2 months, and there are days that I take for granted the gift that God has given me here...and I don't ever want to do that. My prayers are for a deeper love and relationship with Him first, and with others second.

As I finish this post... these words are being sung...

"On this one will I look, on this one will I strengthen"... now that is a promise of GOD!! And my prayer for all on my list! (which by the way... if you have specific prayer requests, let me know... I am loving going through it nightly!)
Joyska at 1:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home