Joyska's Journal: GUSE outing











Thursday, July 20, 2006

GUSE outing

I went to the Guse's farm today. I don't have any pics right now, but hopefully later...

I didn't get pictures of this event anyway, so I will do my best to describe it.

Kristi, Shane, and I went out to the Guse's this afternoon. They are a family (for those of you who do not know them) that live on a pig/chicken farm. They have 5 children between the ages of 2 and 9, one large sheep dog cross shepherd(?) and one LARGE puppy of said sheep dog, whose father apparently was a HUGE sheep dog. They also have 2 LARGE 4 wheelers on which their older children often take rides to another farm close by.

Today was no exception... Phil and Trish Guse (mama and papa of said Guse gang), were on one of the four wheelers with 2 year old Zarah, pulling a wagon with me, Kristi, 2 of the Guse children Sheba (the big dog) and Zadok the puppy. (understand that I don't mean a little puppy that the kids can pick up and carry around...I mean a puppy the size of or bigger than the children) On the other 4 wheeler was the seven year old, the 6 year old and Shane. The seven year old was driving.

We make our way over to the other farm, down the gravel road shared with other vehicles. Kristi and I are keeping an eye on the dogs so they don't jump out of the wagon. Abbi has them both on a leash, but from what i could tell... well, let's just say that Abbi doesn't weigh too much more than the puppy, let alone Sheba!

We come to a corner and out of the field comes TOUGHY the neighborhood bully dog. He is baring his teeth and bounding toward us. Keep in mind... we have TWO large dogs in the wagon with us... and my life is beginning to flash before my eyes. THEN from the front of the 4 wheeler I hear Phil with GREAT authority, command Toughy to go home. Toughy stops and bounds back to whence he came. Talk about authority!

we get to the farm, meet "buddy" the girl dog who lives there and get introduced to Bluey and another horse I can't remember. after taking a tour of the chicken barn and watching Phil gather a bunch of eggs, we return to our chariot and head back to the first farm.

Arriving there much dustier and dirtier, and far more wind blown, we either dive in the pool or hang out in the shade. (Being sufficiently burnt from our last beach outing, i opted for the shade) then sat down to an amazing supper (barbequed prime rib, twice baked potatoes, grilled veggies, salad, and fresh bread!) and apple pie and brownies for dessert! woo hoo!

we spent the next couple hours chilling and relaxing as the children went to bed and we talked into the night. It was a good day!

Thanks Phil and Trish for your hospitality... It was AWESOME!
Joyska at 12:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home