Joyska's Journal: "party all the time"











Saturday, July 22, 2006

"party all the time"

For those of you over twenty five, maybe you remember the song... well today I LIVED IT!

I threw what I initially thought was going to be a light, small, easy, early birthday party with my friends while in Winnipeg. I asked Yvonne if she would be willing to host it in their new home, sent out some emails... then more emails went out, then word of mouth... and well, it was quite a shindig!

These were some of the things I noticed:

1. MANY of my friends have little babies
2. I'm in Canada -- evidenced by the pile of shoes by both doors... in america... they just wear them... wish i would have gotten a picture!
3. Yvonne is an amazing hostess
4. I have some generous friends!
5. 10 years, living in one place, working different places, brings many worlds colliding in one house!
6. creme puffs instead of birthday cake with candles... ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA!
7. Chocolate fondu is the best way to eat fruit
8. when you ask people to bring snacks... they do!
9. Yvonne and Jason's house can fit over 40 people... comfortably... including babies and older children... okay... maybe comfortably is stretching... but we sure had fun!
10. Diet Coke will never run out in my house
11. When you feel lonely, and like you don't have a lot of friends... throw yourself a birthday party... you'll feel different when they all leave!
12. the "after party" is always an important and powerful time-- thanks ang and aj for sticking around til 1 in the morning!
13. friends are a good thing! so are creme puffs!
14. Yvonne and Jason are my new heroes... set up party... had party... cleaned up party... had after party... and were still smiling when everybody headed to bed.

Thank you to everyone that came. It was a great night and spoke volumes to me! For those of you who didn't come... well... my ACTUAL birthday is still 2 weeks away, so you have time! :)
Joyska at 12:04 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home