Joyska's Journal: step by step











Thursday, July 08, 2010

step by step

I walked around my block today. It's a big block... a little over a mile... I think... but I walked it and made it home without feeling like I was about to have a heart attack or pass out.

I'm sorry to say that over this past year I have not kept my weight at a place I wanted it to be, and have somehow allowed it to creep up to an alarming number. I realize its just a number, but its something different when it effects your health and your day to day existance.

This has been a tough year, no doubt, and the Lord has answered my prayer of "I am yours, save me", but it hasn't been without its scars and bruises along the way. Somehow controlling my weight was far from top priority.

But today I walked around my block. Weight loss is not rocket science or "rocket surgery" as a dear friend of mine would say... but it does take a desire to change your life style. My doc who probably weighs 90 lbs soaking weight tells me "you need to loose 140 lbs" I want to spit back... YOU loose 140 lbs and then tell me how. But I know he's right... but it can't be done with numbers like that.

So... step by step... I'm taking it in 25 lb increments. 25 lbs in however long it takes. So I'm walking around my block, I'm biking to church (sometimes), and I'm eating less of some things and more of others... and we will see what happens.

So if you are the praying type... pray that the desire to be "well" out weighs (no pun intended) old habits and lack of motivation.

Step by step...
Joyska at 6:38 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

That's funny...I always say "it's not brain science!!"

So I'm on the same road....aiming to lose my last 'chunk' (pardon the pun) of weight.

Let's do it together!!!!!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that IS funny because that same friend would often say "brain science" too! Thanks for the encouragement!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home