Joyska's Journal: going international!











Saturday, August 07, 2004

going international!

Okay this blogger thing is pretty amazing. I have received comments from Japan, Holland and of course the united states...(not to mention that BC and ON)... all from the comforts of my computer in Winnipeg... Okay I'm convinced it is a good thing!

Again I'm at the office on a Saturday... this time though, it is for the purpose of the blog. Great, now I am so curious and amazed that you all are taking the time to read my rambling words, that I leave the house on a Saturday!!!! to see and read what you all have to say. I know what you are thinking... get a life... yeah well, no comment!

I'm sure many of you have heard about the fire in the Cold Storage Building on HIggins. I live blocks from this smoldering structure and everything I own now smells like I've been at a bon fire! It's a great smell when you are camping! It is not a great smell when you are heading to the mall and you notice everyone on the bus or in the hallways turning their heads and shaking them in udder dismay! I have this perfume that I love to wear, so I put it on this morning hoping to mask the smoke smell... needless to say it is not mixing well!

Yesterday, I was sitting celebrating my birthday with some friends at a restaurant (that served Coke by the way!!) and I was painfully aware of the stench of smoke on my clothes. That might just explain why I kept finding people moving away from me...ah that was it! No seriously though, it is so thick in the North point Douglas area. Again this morning, as I looked out the window, I wasn't sure if it was cloud cover or smoke cover. They are supposed to demo it in the next little while... and in the meantime, I guess we crawl on the floor and cover our mouths with wet paper towels!

Anyway, have a great Manitoba hot summer Saturday!!! (for those of you not in MB, it is the coldest summer on record since 1950... fun fun fun!)
Joyska at 10:42 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home