Joyska's Journal: HELP! ANY IDEAS?











Thursday, June 16, 2005

HELP! ANY IDEAS?

I don't usually ask for help when it comes to curriculum, but I have been gooing through the armor of God with my 4 and 5 year olds on Sunday morning. So far we have gone through the Breastplate of Righteousness (focusing on the story of David and Goliath, and how he did what was right LONG before he slew Goliath) and last week Pam did this awesome lesson on the Shield of Faith (using the story of the healing of the woman who touched the hem of his robe)...

This week I want to focus on the belt of truth. I really like the story of Caleb and Joshua, who believed the truth of God's promises as they spied out the land. My HELP comes from a complete blank for a cool fun craft to make with them. Obviously there is making a belt... but with what and how can it be cool? We have made the breastplate with pie plates, the shield with foam and a cool crest that represented who we are... but a belt? How boring is that?

Keep in mind these are 4 and 5 year olds so using a wood burner on leather or something is out of the question... (and besides I already thought of that). I want this lesson to really emphasize that it is GOD ALONE that speaks unbreakable promises, and therefore we can always believe him... i want them to see Him and not Joshua and Caleb. (this after a friendly reminder from Tracy).

Sooooooooo... you creative people... give me some ideas! And keep in mind this is for THIS sunday!!!!

Thanks
Joyska at 7:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home