Joyska's Journal: weather and the pursuit of the heart











Wednesday, June 15, 2005

weather and the pursuit of the heart

80 degrees, clear skies, and a heart longing for more!

It is beautiful weather in KC right now, following a week or more of Tornado warnings,flash floods and severe damaging storms. But today there is not a cloud in the sky and the humidity is not too high. It is gorgeous!

My heart is longing for more though. I spent about 4 hours in the prayer room yesterday, praying, reading, MSNing, and longing to be filled with His presence. The prayer room, as I have said before, is an amazing place... His presence is thick there and at times can physically be felt. Yesterday, during the 10:00 -12:00 intercession, there was an announcement made that set the place ON FIRE!

We have been praying against abortion and death in Kansas City for a long time. (It was super intense when I first got here in February and it has continued in it's intensity). Yesterday, the city announced that one of the abortion clinics in North KC was shut down due to health code vialations (scary thought). There were rats in the building! The doctor was stripped of his liscence and the clinic is shut down!

The announcement was made in our meeting and we immediately followed that with fiery intercession for the unborn. And it left me extremely excited, hopeful, and longing to see more. The room was electric as we realized in a tangible way, that God is at work in the city.

A couple of nights ago, I sat in the prayer room praying and typing a letter to a few friends. I felt the presence of the Lord as I was asking some tough questions and sharing my heart. I know that God is part of the process as I seek Him out and learn what His word says about the day to day, as well as the days to come. I trust Him, and I know that my longing for more... will find Him!

Keep praying for God's heart as I seek to move in the direction of the core area here in Kansas City, as well as continued revelation on what to teach (and model) to the real young ones here at IHOP.

Thanks for all your continued prayer and connections!
Joyska at 9:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home