Joyska's Journal: o how we want you to come











Tuesday, September 13, 2005

o how we want you to come

O How we want you to come to this nation
to this generation!

The Lord is coming. To this nation (and Canada!) and to this generation!

This heart cry is quickly followed by a cry to being sanctified. Set us apart... to know the glory of God. To set our Spirit to be free of pride, set free and apart. Make us a resting place, a dwelling place. And to be called to his heart.

These are dangerous prayers. In order for the Lord to come, there will be judgements as well... again struck by that. The lord is coming for his bride, but will purify her first... for in Him there is no darkness at all!

His hand... the great and the terrible, is coming! This generation WILL rise up. There have been so many assaults on this generation... abortion, drugs, gangs, guns, so much that seeks to destroy the innocence and the destiny of this generation, which speaks to me of a generation that HAS a destiny... that HAS a purpose, and is a danger to the enemy. My job, and the wisest thing that I can do, is to pray for His hand of mercy to come, and that the hearts of this generation would fall hard under the love of the Lord.

I'm more and more convinced that this will come as we and they begin and continue to sanctify ourselves, to be called apart, not to isolate, but to COMMUNICATE the holiness of God! We just spent an hour here in the prayer room literally, crying out as a corporate IHOP family (about 700), proclaiming the Holiness of the Lord... His beauty, His majesty, and the splendour of who he is.

But it doesn't stop there, immediately the prayers switch to the city, the nation, and the generation. As we set ourselves apart to worship the king of kings... our hearts are drawn to the things of His heart!

My longing is to see his hand move... and I am recognising how futile my hand is without his heart stirring in me. I grapple with the "prayer vs doing" question a lot. I have come to a place where I know they are both essential, but how does it work itself out? What is the path to it?

Being in IHOP, of course I am seeing the great need for PRAYER. Intercession, worship, singing the word, devotion, it is all essential to make the DOING effective. But how do you DO both? And if I do more than I pray, am I ineffective?

I believe things shift and move in the heavens and on earth as we pray. I believe our work is more effective when it is undergirded with prayer... and yet... sometimes as we spend an hour proclaiming his greatness and holiness... I wonder why the other is even important! (of course I know it is!)

I said before that things are shifting here for me. Could it be God is calling me to the intercession for a time... and not the hands on doing? To the worship in this place, to the "intecessory missionary" not the inner city missionary... interesting.

Please keep praying... sleep is improving, and I believe God will make clear the road ahead. Believe it with me!!!
Joyska at 11:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home