Joyska's Journal: To know him better











Sunday, September 04, 2005

To know him better

We are so priviledged to know the Lord. This morning, as I got up, i knew that I had much to do to be ready for the day... I enjoy my early morning Sunday routine... I get up, make some timmy's coffee, and begin to look over my lesson for the morning, and blog. It's part of a routine that works well for me. Very early in the morning!

This morning I am reviewing the story of the rich young ruler, and the thought that keeps running through my head is that this young man was a good man. He did all the right things in the eyes of the world, he was an upstanding member of his society. He said himself that he had kept every law... but he also knew he was missing something. "Teacher", he said "what must I do to be saved" Why did he ask THAT question? What was the hole in his heart? He had done it all right, and yet when he met Jesus, he knew there was more.

Jesus asked him for his life.

"Sell all you have, give it to the poor and come follow me"

Jesus saw through him. He saw that the wealth and prestige, the standing and place the young man had in society, that was well earned by the way, was distracting him from the "one thing". The wealth, pretige, standing were keeping his eyes on the temperal and was distracting him from the eternal.

I have heard the question many times "Would he have done it if he knew it was the very son of God asking him to?" As I teach the kids this morning, I am focusing ont the part of Ephesians 1 that says, "so that you may know him better" If the rich man, who followed the law, also had had wisdom and revelation of WHO Jesus was, would he have done all that Jesus asked of Him... would I?

As Misty sings:
Baptize my heart, with your fire, desire...
Jesus fill us with the knowledge of God, with the knowledge of you, with the knowledge of the HOLY HOLY! I don't want to be offended, i don't want to be offended, I don't want to be offended when it's all coming down...
Joyska at 4:26 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home