Joyska's Journal: from living in solitude to insanity!











Wednesday, August 24, 2005

from living in solitude to insanity!

Gone are the days of coming home and sighing because the house is empty. Gone are the days of feeling like I have no one to "hang" with or talk to til all hours of he night and sometimes early morning. Gone as well are the days of doing the dishes when I want, keeping house on "my standard" or lack there of, and total access to the bathroom as needed!

In their place are 2 CRAZY (ugly dancing) Canadians who have taken over my room and are now staying til Sunday instead of leaving tomorrow; AND two new roommates. Some have been asking for details so here ya go... at least what I have figured out so far.

Nicole is the one I wrote about on my last blog. She is 32 and is here for Intro to IHOP, at least as a start. She is great. We seem to have a lot in common and it is always comfortable and fun conversations. The only wierd thing that I have seen so far is that she eats oatmeal RAW... she doesn't cook it first... she doesn't add tons of milk and brown sugar...she just eats it straight from the bag...must be a Pennsylvania thing.

Then there is Jessica from Traverse City, Michigan. She is 20, just arrived tonight and is here for at least one semester of FSM. (Forerunner School of Ministry). She seems really cool and ready for anything. She plays piano (and brought her full size keyboard that is now in our living room... How cool is that?) She also plays guitar and sings... that makes three of us! heehee. She surprised us all when within an hour of her arrival, her side of the room was pretty much set up. She hasn't been here long enough for me to discover what is wierd about her, but I was glad she told me before she got here that she was 6'2", cause I think I would have been surprised when I opened the door!

Needless to say, things are a little more chaotic right now. In the midst of it all are many late night conversations with Christina and Stephanie (who I have affectionately dubbed "the Canadians"), helping set up the FSM library, followed by later night coffee outings, followed by sleeping on the couch (for another 3 nights) and somewhere in there,preparing for the Equipping Children in Power and Praise Conference that begins tomorrow night! And somewhere else in there, I have managed to finish 9 weeks of curriculum on Ephesians 1:17-19... with an additional 2 weeks still to come!

you know I was going to start this blog by saying that I missed those days of solitude but I would be lieing. I LOVE the chaos, the loud laughter, the serious conversations, and being so consumed with what God is doing to even watch Dr. Phil and Oprah!

Which by the way... in one of my all day in the prayer room days, I FINALLY got why the intimacy piece and the judgement piece are so connected!!!! But that... is for another post!!!
Joyska at 11:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home