Joyska's Journal: Yet another take on difficult times











Friday, August 19, 2005

Yet another take on difficult times

It isn't even that I am having all these difficult times or something... it is that I see this highlighted in scripture over and over again.

I read the book of Job over the last 2 days. I'm struck by the things that most are when they read Job, like Satan passes before God and gives account of what he is doing and GOD highlights Job, by saying :"have you considered my servant Job". and then preceeds to give him permission to go after him.

Job stood his ground, that he knew his God, and that he knew God knew his heart. And therefore could stand before the Lord and say that his heart was blameless and that "though he slay me, i will praise him"

Life and death are prescribed by the Lord. So again I come to a place where I am awed by His soveriegnty. But it's taking me farther than that... I am getting to the point where I am trusting his soveriegnty... and to use the words that are common here... I am beginning to "agree with his judgements", not just in my head, but also in my heart.
Joyska at 10:29 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home