Joyska's Journal











Sunday, August 28, 2005

I speak peace to the weary heart today
I speak peace to the mind and the soul
I speak peace to the whirlwind of circumstance
I speak peace, I speak peace.

There is always SO much going on in our lives. It never (to me at least) seems easy or straightforward. There always seems to be a glitch SOMEWHERE in the system. I've been feeling the stress of having so much happening at once and as I sat down at my computer this morning, I just felt I needed to "speak peace"... to claim the rest that is found only in the arms of the Father; to lean back into Him and let my body find a soft place to fall; to set my mind at ease, and trust the One whose soveriegnty covers all.

There is a scene in the movie "Luther" where Luther is lieing on the floor, weeping before the Lord for he knows his days are numbered and he feels the weight of what he has done... and he says, "I am yours...save me".

This morning, though not in straits near as dire as Luther, I do the same... Father... I am yours, save me.

It's funny how simple it can be. God has invited me into this place again and again, and yet I am so busy, I am too tired, I'm having too much fun, there is a good movie on... the excuses are endless. Yet God is desiring that I find my rest, my everything in HIM alone.

This morning I am focused on the story of the Pharisee and the Tax collector that went up to the temple to pray. How often have my prayers been "thank you that I am not like other men" rather than "forgive me Father, my heart is in need of you" (not the words of the tax collector, but definitely the essence of his prayer) I want to be like the tax collector, because the Lord HEARD his heart cry...

this morning I speak peace, and know that my Lord and SAVIOUR Jesus Christ speaks peace over me. Sigh. THANK YOU Jesus!
Joyska at 5:21 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home