Joyska's Journal: Paul, prophets and a privledge!











Sunday, September 18, 2005

Paul, prophets and a privledge!

Ah early morning coffee with a lightening storm outside my door. I have a sliding glass window that opens on to a little porch. The weather has cooled off enough... especially at night, so that I can have the door open, the air off, and can enjoy the seemingly thousands of crickets that you can hear at night.

I love this time in the morning. (I think I write that every Sunday!) Today, I am talking to the kids about "open the eyes of my heart" and what exactly that means. I am using the story of Paul and how God actually took away his natural eyesight while he opened up the eyes of his heart! (of course, letting them know that he got his sight back... don't want to scare anyone!! heehee)

I love Paul's story because it shows the power of God to change even the strongest heart. Paul was zealous in his determination to destroy the Christians. He was ruthless in his methods, and perfect in his devotion. And yet, a light and THE voice of the Lord stopped him in his tracks. God is capable of stopping the most wicked, the most terrible, and bringing them into line with HIS heart. AND using them to do it! Amazing.

I was talking to the kids last night about Samuel and how God called him and how Samuel heard the voice of the Lord. We ended the time with them getting into their prayer caves and my praying over them that they would hear the voice of the Lord. It was one of those sacred moments when you know something is going on that is WAY bigger than you. I had 24 three to five year olds with 2 Fire in the Night interns, and the room was quiet except for the sound of my voice praying out for them to hear. Did they? Not noticably. No cool stories to tell... yet.

There was a dream that one of the CEC staff had a while ago that said that God was sending the prophets to Kansas City. She was so excited and dialogued with God about what that would look like and who were they, etc. After a long silence, the Lord said to her, "and they are coming from your four and five year olds." Another more famous man, told Lenny... these little ones are the gold... steward them well.

I love that I have the privledge (at least for this stage of my life)to be a part of it and can't wait to see how God does it.
Joyska at 6:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home