Joyska's Journal: Change of heart











Friday, April 21, 2006

Change of heart

i'm a little down today. Maybe it's the realization that the Canadians are all done with their visits for awhile. Maybe it's the wierd sleep schedule I'm on, or maybe it's just one of those days.

So "why so downcast o my soul? Put your trust in him!"

Oddly, that statement when I am down, almost is annoying. And yet it is truth. I know truth. We all do, and yet sometimes I find it easier to complain.

"do all things without complaint" hmmmm

Okay, so maybe reading 10 chapters a day does have an affect! Every excuse I come up with for staying "down" can be refuted by scripture.

"How long will you lie there you sluggard, when will you rise from your bed?"

(That was one of my favourites in college! haha)

There is a reason that God's word is like a double edged sword, separating marrow from bone. without his living word, I would likely be a puddle of mush, refusing to move from where I am, and whining and complaining the whole way through... not to mention blaming everyone else for my laziness or malcontent!

So, let me start over. I am thankful this morning for the very WORD of GOD... and how it changes me, even now!
Joyska at 8:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home