Joyska's Journal: What now?











Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What now?

Have you ever had a feeling like you are on the brink of something... like the air is electric with anticipation? I have felt that this past week, at times.

Have you ever felt like nothing is going to change... ever... that everything seems dull and empty. I have felt that this past week too, at times.

I am sometimes so influenced by my surroundings. I am easily swayed into an almost depressive state if I sit too long, and I am "jazzed" and excited easily when I find something my heart connects with (like Hope City).

I love the "on the edge of something" feeling. It motivates me forward, keeps me going, keeps me focused on what God is doing. I get this feeling every time I go downtown, and when I am in the prayer room in the middle of the night. I pray, and suddenly I feel expectation... anticipation, "what now, God? what are you going to do?" Don't get me wrong... I have moments when I pray and I feel like... "when God... when are you going to move on this?" I prefer... What now?

I prefer anticipation, not stagnation. The reality is that life brings both. But I love when God rattles the lethargy in me, and stirs me to move.

What am I trying to say?

"How long will you lie there you sluggard, when will you rise from your bed?" (proverbs- somewhere in there!)

and:

"Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand." (I Peter 5:7,8)

Make sense?
haha
Joyska at 11:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home