Joyska's Journal: and so it continues











Wednesday, June 20, 2007

and so it continues

It's been a busy week since I returned from the seemingling endless train ride! I got home Thursday and Friday my old roommates Jessica and Shaina showed up for a visit, then the Canadians (Christina and Stephanie) arrived on Saturday. OH WHAT FUN!


The Canadian's left already on Tuesday, but the Michiganders are here til tomorrow. I love being able to open my home to friends! My current roommate Allison, is getting her own apartment on Saturday, so I will be back on my own again. I enjoy living alone, but I then need to make extra sure that I am getting out and hanging out with people. It's amazing how quickly one can become "hermitish" (I'm aware that isn't a word)


I've been reading through Acts again, and I sometimes find myself wishing to be Paul (minus all the stoneings, ship wrecks, and 39 lashes of course) who travelled and told people the gospel. He did it without fear, without doubt, and sure of every word spoken. The Holy Spirit enabled him I know, and he had met with Jesus, so I'm sure that helped, but I find myself wanting to travel, (not by amtrack... haha) and to take a stand of truth that is unwavering.


Here is the reality. I need to do that more here. I need to find a braveness in me that I know is there, and with the same boldness, speak truth... in love, but truth. Paul was a smart man, and it says that he went into the synagogue and reasoned with the people, and persuaded them. I'm asking for the wisdom and the words to do the same where ever I go.
Joyska at 6:06 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Read your Amtrak adventure. You're not their best advertisement.

I can't imagine how glad you were to get home.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Acts is awesome. So much of it leaves me saying, "WHAT????"
I think it is overwhelming, and many of us aspire to be like the apostles of the early church.
Even though the "sane" parts of our brains are stilling saying...
"WHHHAAATTT???"

6:45 PM  
Blogger Zammer said...

hermitish IS a word... And you can be "Hermity" or sometimes you may want to "Hermitize" yourself....

Can you tell I'm a champion of this fake wording? ;-)

PS Acts is *thumbs up*

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home