Joyska's Journal: chillin











Wednesday, June 06, 2007

chillin

If you are wondering why there are no pics as of late, I forgot my camera.
I am staying now, after a great week at my sisters, at my friends house. I have known Barb and Al since 1992. I have seen their kids grow up, and have remained close when I moved to Winnipeg, and 10 years later, moved to Kansas City.

Last night we sat around the table playing a game of Shanghai. It's a card game, and it was like those 15 years never passed. I've played Shanghai a million times (okay, maybe not a million... but close!) with these guys and it was like I never moved away. The same rivalry, the same kissing of cards, the same shouts of "freeze"! It was marvelous! I kicked butt the whole first five hands, going out and sticking both Barb and Al and keeping a zero score! WOO HOO... but then, in the last three rounds, stacked up 285 points... man that was no fun... :( The point of course is that I love being with friends where you know that no matter what time goes by, things between you rarely change.
Joyska at 6:55 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Friends like that are a real treasure. I hope we're like that many years from now! :)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a good time in our old stopping grounds. Say hi to Barb and Al

4:19 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

you are so rich joyska -- to enjoy frienships like that!! shalom to you my friend.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I LOVE Shanghai. I think the last time I played was about 18 years ago! The next time I'm in KC, we must play, but I'll need to be reminded of the rules.

ps I promise not to cry and whine when you hand out a butt-whoopin!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home