Joyska's Journal: General Electric Power Company











Monday, August 23, 2010

General Electric Power Company

Otherwise known as Galations, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians.
Yesterday's reading took me through all four books in one sitting. Paul spoke to each congregation in its own unique way. I have also been reading a book that talks about how big these congregations actually were. I have always envisioned them as small house churches that gathered in someone's home and shared the gospel with every one they saw. Actually, even in Acts it talks about 3000 being added to their number in one day!

That is roughly the size of the church I attend now and we do four services in a weekend!

These letters were written to thousands of people. It's crazy to think of it in that way. He challenged them in areas where they beginning to walk away or listen to other "gospels". Paul had people everywhere that would come and report to him and he would respond with the wisdom from Jesus. It's really profound as you read these in one sitting.

I will write tomorrow, along with the the letters to the Corithians, Timothy and Philemon... I have to catch up the writing with the reading! There are only four days left til I finish the 90 day reading plan... that went so fast!!!
Joyska at 10:16 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home