Joyska's Journal: a melting. softening heart....











Wednesday, August 04, 2010

a melting. softening heart....

I'm taking a quick break from my reading updates... not because I'm not reading, but because today was my birthday. I say was because it's getting close to 1:00 am and I should be sleeping! *the time posted is a little off*.

This year I decided to do something I have never done before... I purposefully invited people to my house to celebrate, not just my birthday, but all that God has done this past year. I was amazed, stunned, delighted and amused by how many people actually came. It was ... well amazing.

At one point as I looked around my living room and saw all the people that came, and what they have meant to me over this past year and longer, I could feel my heart melting. It wasn't that I didn't know these people and many others who sent their regrets cared about me, I knew that, it was a moment of letting God's love be personified in these people.

I then went to my email and there 48 messages of birthday greetings. Now I know that people on facebook get birthday alerts, but they responeded to it, and sent a message.

I got an ecard from a dear friend, I got a phonecall today from a friend who I miss dearly who lives far away. My boss (new boss no less) bought me a rose and took me out for lunch, and I was greatly blessed.

It was God's love personified because as I looked around the room, every one of them had God's Spirit in them, and there was much laughter, and even great effort to get here (thanks Ray... that rocked :) It was God's love because God was showing me in a tangable, un-ignorable ( I know not a word...) way that He saw me, He loved me, and He has surrounded me with people of His character... and what is that ? Love.

As one of Misty Edwards songs says "I am blessed, I am blessed among men".

Years ago, I was walking somewhere in Michigan and saw a pond near the end of winter. It was the perfect picture for what God was promising to do in my life at that time. I knew that he was promising that my heart too, would melt, that spring would come, and that my heart would be softened by His love. That was many years ago, and tonight I am reminded of that promise. I've come a long way since then, through seasons of melting and freezing and melting and freezing and melting again. But tonight was different. It wasn't just the number of people, or even the depth of friendships represented in each face, but it was something more... something I can' t seem to explain... but it impacted me greatly.

Since I know there are some of you who are reading this, (the counter lets me know how many lurkers there are) If you were in that room... THANK YOU. If you weren't, thanks for reading my random and almost daily thoughts. The Lord has been so good to me and I can't believe the privilege I have to walk with a body of believers that personify His love to me.

Thank you Jesus, for my life, for the struggles in it, for the journey you have me on, and for all that is yet to come. And my heart softens and melts BECAUSE You move in and through my life. There aren't enough words to say thank you.
Joyska at 10:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home