Joyska's Journal: The sun is shining!











Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The sun is shining!

The sun is shining! The sun is shining!

BUt it si still cold enough to need a sweat shirt... ah you got to love winnipeg!

I spent a lot of today just wandering around downtown, looking longingly into windows and pretending I had a lot of money. That lasted for about ten minutes and then I went down to McNally's to find a comfortable chair and read a book. (By the way I have the Princess Pride on hold for a day when I have a little more cash flow!) I found myself watching people rather than reading though. There was an old man that walked slower than molasses in January. People were trying to walk around him and he was totally oblivious to their growing frustration. I thought "how wonderful to be so oblivious!" Then the waiter came over and asked if I wanted more tea. Funny guy, he wouldn't come close to the table at all. I knew I had taken a shower this morning and was wearing perfume, so it couldn't have been my smell... or maybe he didn't like my perfume... so I thought. but I watched him at other tables and saw him doing the same thing. Maybe he's afraid of people... maybe he's in the wrong job!

Then I met a friend for lunch and watched as people crowded around mcdonalds and few lined up for the "healthier" choices, like Subway,Manchu wok, bankhok thai, koya and nikos. Interesting, even when presented with choice, people still choose mcdonald's. Anyone see the movie "supersized"?

Well, i think I rose to the challenge Yvonne presented in the last entry... I must admit, she scared me with her questions, but after much thought... I think I got the right answers. Now I have to go home and see if I was right...

The Princess Bride quote of the day...
hello... (what comes next?)
Joyska at 4:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home