Joyska's Journal: what? a serving for one?











Tuesday, October 05, 2004

what? a serving for one?

WEll, the big catering weekend is done! THANK YOU ERICA, STEPHANIE, AND CHERYL for all your hard work. It was a great weekend to which all the pastors of this huge region of ours were kept warm, and well fed.

They were thirsty men and women though! We went through 9 cases of water in 4 days! TONS of Coffee, tea and juice, and water from the tap. Thirsty as camels they are!

So when it all ended yesterday afternoon, I went out for supper and let someone serve me for a change! Very nice. It did surprise me though how little a serving for one looked like after seeing ROASTERS full of food all weekend.

I found in one of the pastors (Bill Galston) a kindred spirit of the Princess Bride. I have known for years of his liking of and obsession with this movie, and have often found ourselves quoting from it in casual conversation. This weekend it was almost a challenge as we brought out the food because he would say a quote and then I was expected to come up with the following. I think I have met my match, however, I did hold my own.

So Bill, this is for you:

TPB Quote of the day:
"Sir, we are in a terrible rush, so..."
Don't hurry me sonny, you hurry a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."

I need to make this a short blog today, but I will fill you all in on the saga of my life tomorrow before I head to KC for the weekend.

See ya!
Joyska at 1:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home