Joyska's Journal: the benefactor











Tuesday, September 28, 2004

the benefactor

Last night, I wasted a lot of time watching TV. It's amazing how addictive that little box can be. It is filled with reality show after reality show. What ever happened to the sitcom? Anyway, I have scoffed at and even ranted at the show "the benefactor" as a show that just perpetuates the love and lust of money in our society. but I watched it anyway

Last night the host of the show (some billionaire) gave 1000.00 to all ten of the contestants and then told them to do whatever they wanted with it. They had until 8:00 that night to use the money. I was struck at how similar this was to the parable of the talents. He was looking for them to do something with the money that would impress him and would be the determination of whether or not they went on to the next show. Some of the contestants went and spent money on their dreams... something they always wanted to do, but never had the money... like one guy went and hired a patent lawyer to patent one of his ideas for an air traffic control system, one went and bought a thousand dollar guitar so that he could become a rock star. Another went and became a hockey player for the day... wierd

What would you do with a thousand dollars in one day? Would you spend it on necessities or go after your dream? It's a harmless and interesting question... because of course, I don't have a thousand dollars to spend by 8:00 tonight!

But i'm curious what people would do with it...

TPB quote of the day

"i give you my word as a Spaniard"
"No good, I've known too many Spaniards"
"I swear on the name of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive"
"throw me the rope"

Have a great day!
Joyska at 11:02 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home