Joyska's Journal: The many uses of a shopping cart











Sunday, September 19, 2004

The many uses of a shopping cart

Living in the North End has certainly given me opportunity to see many an interesting thing. My favourite however, has to be the North End moving van. I will often (usually around the end of the month) see someone walking down the street with one (sometimes two side by side) shopping cart filled with all their possessions. Sometimes it is a mattress piled precariously on top of a TV, other times it is boxes of kitchen type items, and my personal favourite is the two side by side with a kitchen table and chairs piled on top. People are quite ingenious when they have to be!

I was walking with a friend down main street last night heading to Shoppers Drugmart for my daily dose of Diet Coke. As we were walking there was an older native gentleman who could barely walk. He was using a shopping cart as a walker. Now that was a new one for me. We walked past him as he made some comment like, "Hey beautiful" (had to throw that in, I don't get those kind of comments too often... hehehe) Not too long after I heard said shopping cart fall over. We turned around and sure enough the gentleman who had definitely had a few too many, had fallen over right along Main street. We ran back to help him up (which took both of us) and sent him on his way... with his shopping cart.

It's funny though, I can't help feeling like this old gentleman could have been more than he seemed. We left him, went to Shoppers and returned the same way we came. The shopping cart was in the middle of the sidewalk, but the old man was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he got on a bus... maybe... well, I'm just glad we helped him up.

TPB Quote of the day:

What about the ROUSes?
Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist...umph (as he is attacked by an ROUS)

Have a great day!
Joyska at 7:05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home