Joyska's Journal: You're the dealer today











Thursday, September 02, 2004

You're the dealer today

I spent the last 3 and half hours at the doctors. It started with an 8:30 meeting with the diabetes educator, where she introduced me to all the cool new gadgets that I will have to have with me at all times for the rest of my life (or until Jesus heals me!) and then it was an hour with the doctor as he told me all the evil things that diabetes does to your body and how important it is to take care of it all... (does "purpose in your heart" ring in anyone else's head?) then it was back to the diabetes educator (whose name is Katherine) and actually giving myself my first shot. So there you go.

It's been a little more stressful than I thought it was, in that I have rocks in my shoulders. But overall I am fine and feel very little emotion about the whole thing. I trust and believe that I am in God's hands *insulin shots or not* and that it doesn't hinder what he has for me to do. Call it my "thorn in the flesh" if you will.

I had to laugh though, because the doctor told me to get the drugs from Katherine... I just couldn't help but say, "so, she's the dealer today?" The doctor laughed really hard at that... I mean I know I'm funny but... so incase you are feeling down and low... Remember... "You're the dealer today!" (Let me know if that worked for ya!)

TPB quote of the day;

It's Iocain... I'd bet my life on it... the princess is alive, at least she was an hour ago, and if she is otherwise, I shall be very put out!
Joyska at 12:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home