Joyska's Journal: BOMB-ers











Friday, August 27, 2004

BOMB-ers

Yes it was wet, yes it was cold and yes the bombers lost!
BUT... I laughed at Yvonne and Cheryl as they huddled together for warmth underneath two umbrellas miserably discussing ways to kill Kristen and I for inviting them to such a barbaric event! I said at one point, "You made it through the first quarter!" to which Yvonne replied "It was the longest 15 minutes of my life" My favourite though, was after the Bombers made their first point, Yvonne with hope in her eyes, "so how many points til the games over?" Oh Yvonne... we love ya!

Kristen, Stephen and I actually loved it! Becky Hill, Yvonne and Cheryl Janzen liked it less... that's a fair way to say it. I must say though there was a glimmer of hope when we were tied at 10 in the second quarter. Say what you will about the Bombers, but Mintreal is one of the teams in the CFL that is really doing well. So to be tie with them and end the game at 13 to 29 wasn't as bad as it sounds.

The weather however would have been great and even expected for an October game. Cheryl said it best on the way home... "sometimes I think, hey it could be worse, it could be snowing. And then I remember that it is August!" Well it is a summer we will never forget... and as far as the game is concerned... it is one Yvonne will never forget either! hehehehe

Tpb quote
I'm not saying I would want to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely!
Joyska at 10:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home