Joyska's Journal: Diabities sucks!











Thursday, August 26, 2004

Diabities sucks!

For those of you who know me well, that is as close to a swear word as I am willing to articulate! Diabities is a dangerous disease that I have been fighting with for 11 years. Granted, I am not a good diabetic, I like sweet things and usually don't think twice about eating some of my "cup of everything" cookies or the occasional chocolate bar. I have also been told for years that it is the long term effects I need to be concerned about, not so much the immediate. Well, they want to put me on insulin now. I have been on medication for the past nine years or so, and have been pretty sporadic with that too. So here we go, into a new phase of the disease...

It was interesting though. I came home last night after a meeting with some parents and went to my room to keep working through a study on Daniel. I left off on verse 8 where it says "But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine..." and the commentary went on to say "he purposed in his heart". I was struck by that... he purposed in his heart because it means he literally made it a priority, a determination to not defile his body.

Now again, I am not known for healthy choices, but there is something in these words that is challenging my heart. I know I have to go on insulin... the reality of that is striking my heart too. But according to the Diabities educator that has been assigned to me (this is the third one ;( who lectures me) Diabetics can actually lead healthier lives than a lot of others because they are more conscience of their decisions and the way it affects their bodies... yeah, well... we will see.

All I ask is that if you think of me, please pray. God is up to a whole lot in my life right now, and this is just one of the areas that he has my attention. Oh what fun!

TPB quote for today:
"We are at an impass then" said the man in black
"I fear so", said the Sicilian "I cannot compete with you physically and you are no match for my brains."
"You are that smart then?"
"Think of it this way, You know Socrates, Plato... Morons"
"In that case I challenge you to a battle of wits"
"For the princess?"
"to the death."
"All right then I accept"
"Pour the wine"

Have a great day!
Joyska at 10:32 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home