Joyska's Journal: Longing for more











Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Longing for more

I was in the prayer room this morning with the staff for our weekly staff prayer time. It was good and as everyone was leaving to go do the work of WCV, I was struck by a desire to know more... To know more of what God wants for our church, to know more of what he is doing in this city, to know more of what Canada means to Him, to know more of the truth for my own journey as I begin to turn my face to moving to the states. I just want to know...

But then I realize that I don't know for 2 reasons. 1. God's ways are too wonderful for me to comprehend and 2. If I knew all that we as a church, a city and a nation are going to go through in the next ten to twenty years, I probably would have some advise for God and a "better" idea! I am so weak in my understanding (as we all are) but sometimes I find myself saying... so ah God, have you ever thought of doing it this way? I love the scripture where it says "the God of heaven laughs" I think he gets a big kick out of me sometimes!!

So, since I am not in the council of the Almighty, and I lack the power of the all-powerful one, I will be content with trusting his soveriegnty and resting in the reality that he loves me, and that is all I need to know! And besides, if I have learned anything in this last year, it is about knowing anyway, it's about living out that daily real relationship with our king and knowing his love by experience not only knowledge.

But would it be so wrong to let the Bombers win a few this year?

TPB quote of the day:
Good night westley, sleep well, I'll most likely kill you in the morning. (Talk about wanting to know more of the future!)

Have a great day!
Joyska at 11:28 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home