Joyska's Journal: Kansas City here I come!











Monday, August 30, 2004

Kansas City here I come!

Well, it is officially announced now... I am moving to Kansas City.

God has taken me on such a journey over the last 2 months. While in Kansas City with Yvonne and Jason in the beginning of July, I had the opportunity to spend a significant amount of time with Lenny Laguardia (he heads up the Children's Equipping Center there) and we talked a lot about what was happening here in Winnipeg and what could be done here to continue to move our kids from a place of knowing about God and Jesus to a place of knowing him in a daily real relationship. It was awesome to connect with him and some of the other staff there. By the end of the week however, there was a clear invitation given to come and join the team there as a missionary to the inner city of Kansas City... literally to design and develop and inner city outreact to the children of that city. My heart jumped when the invitation was given and I have been processing it ever since.

When I returned to Winnipeg mid July, I entered into a month long fast and spent many hours praying and asking God for a time frame. By the end of that month (only a couple of weeks ago) I knew that I needed to start the process. So I gave a yes to the International House of Prayer (IHOP) and the process of a Visa and raising support have begun.

The projected departure date is early January, 2005. There is much to fall into place before then, not the least of which is continueing to solidify the children's ministry at WCV. I know that God is faithful and all will fall into place as he wills it.

I am very excited about this opportunity and know in my heart it is for me to do. Let me know what you think!

tpb quote of the day:
Westly: " If we even had a wheelbarrow, that would be something"
Inigo: " Where did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?"
Fezzik: " By the albino, I think"
westly: "Why didn't you list that among our assetts in the first place?"

Have a great day!
Joyska at 12:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home