Joyska's Journal: Purpose in your heart











Sunday, August 29, 2004

Purpose in your heart

I can't seem to get that phrase out of my head. "Purpose in your heart..." Don't give way, let it be a non-negotiable... choose health and life. For some that are reading this you are probably saying something like "well of course, why wouldn't you?" But I believe there are others who are reading this that know exactly why this is a profound way of thinking. So to enlighten those of you who don't quite understand, let me try to explain.

There is so much that wars against my choosing to be healthy and taking the steps to get there. Some of it is life circumstance, some of it is lack of self control, some of it is laziness, but I believe there is so much more to it than the obvious "excuses."

I was watching a very candid interview with Wynona Judd on Oprah the other day. She was very vulnerable and honest about her weight issues and how she struggles with health. What struck me was her "revelation" that gave her the courage to begin to make changes was that she is a child of God.

UNTIL we realize who we are in HIM we will never be free of our own circumstances, laziness, lack of self control or whatever else trips us up. Daniel purposed in His heart to choose God, long before he chose to not eat the food that the king offered that Daniel knew would "defile" him. It wasn't about what food he was going to eat or not eat, it was about obedience to the God he loved, and the desire to keep his life pure and true to the love of his life.

So, does that mean I will never eat an unhealthy food again? I wish it did, but I know it isn't necessarily about that... it's about falling in love with the one who created me and recognizing the depth of affection and love he has for me.

This may sound a bit more serious than the usual fair you find on this blog... but hey, it's Sunday and God is capturing my heart more each day, I just wanted to acknowledge it and share the wonder of it.

TPB quote:

"You're alive... if you want, I could fly!"
Joyska at 8:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home