Joyska's Journal: I got a new bike!











Thursday, September 09, 2004

I got a new bike!

WOOHOO! A new bike for me! I went to an appointment today and left with a new bike for me. Someone had given it to her and she didn't want it... So she gave it to me! Now you may not find that very exciting, but I have not owned a bike since I was 13 years old. That was 20 years ago! I got on it to ride it home and it was the funniest thing... I still could balance it! (I was quite worried that I was going to get on the bike and fall over immediately infront of my friend!) Thankfully I even rode it gracefully and looked like I knew what I was doing!

I got home (after biking for 20 minutes!-- it would have taken me 45 minutes to walk!) and pulled the bike into the house. (I wouldn't suggest leaving such a fine piece of sporting equipment out in my neighbourhood!) I sat down and suddenly discovered that my legs had pains in them I didn't previously know. Man am I ever out of shape! It's a sad day when a 20 minute bike ride causes pain. What's even sadder is that I have this crazy idea in my head that I want to someday run a marathon... so I went outside at like 11:00 at night (so no one could see me) and was all decked out in my new work out clothes and thought, "I'm going to run until I can't run anymore... I mean the guys in the olympics ran hard for ten seconds and won medals for it... how hard could it be?). Well, let me just say... I won't be running the 100 meter dash anytime soon. I couldn't even run for 10 seconds!!! I tell ya, I am hopeless on this exercise thing. I had to laugh at myself though as I ran down my street... couldn't even make it half a block... then I went back inside... after all, it was 11:00 at night and in my neighbourhood, if you are out that late on your own, you need to be able to run more than half a block!

Anyway, I'm not discouraged. I'm convinced that someday, someway, I will become athletic, slim, trim, and one lean machine... of course, that may only be a dream... but I need to sleep more anyway!

TPB quote for today:

And remember this is for prosterity's sake... so do be honest, how do you feel?
Joyska at 7:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home