Joyska's Journal: Night before jitters











Saturday, September 11, 2004

Night before jitters

It is Saturday Night and I am nervous about starting Kids Church tomorrow. I've been working up to it all summer and am excited about the potential, but I still keep thinking about all the details I might have forgotten. This is a time when I really miss Nancy. We used to laugh and plan late into the night and drive poor Jessica crazy as she was trying to sleep in the next room. There was one time when we were planning daycamp and we had this huge piece of paper strewn across Nancy's living room floor as we literally drew out in poster form all that we were going to do from object lessons to snacks, to what craft and what crazy skit would go where. Then we would laugh ourselves silly as we wrote skit after crazy skit all in the name of educating children in "the way". We would laugh until we cried, eat some chocolate and laugh some more. There is a picture of us that is taped to my desk where our arms are crossed and we are back to back... "The dynamic duo" someone called us when they saw the picture.

Nancy is in Kelowna doing her thing with kids there... I am here in Manitoba doing my thing here. It's all good and we both know it's God... but I still miss her. So tomorrow morning I will head into Kids Church with excitement and anticipation... but also just really missing a dear friend... so Nancy, if you are reading this... well, know you are missed! (and comment for goodness sake!)

There is a certain folly to reminiscing. It doesn't bring people back, it doesn't change the current situation, but when it is someone as hilarious as Nancy that you are remembering, it certainly makes you smile!

TPB Quote of the day:
Buttercup: "and to think, all this time it was your cup that was poisoned"
Westley: "they were both poisoned. I spent the last two years building up an immunity to iocane powder.
Buttercup: "who are you?
Westley: "I am no one to be trifled with, that is all you ever need know."

(okay once again doesn't fit with my thoughts for today, but it is a great scene!)
Joyska at 11:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home