Joyska's Journal: Watching the Amazing Race is like watching football...only different!











Friday, September 24, 2004

Watching the Amazing Race is like watching football...only different!

I sat in utter amazement as I watched the first hour of the two hour finale for the Amazing Race television show... it wasn't so much watching the bowling mom try to climb a rope on a cliff that looked like the cliffs of insanity... it wasn't watching the models try to scab their way to the top on the backs of Chip and Kim..it wasn't even laughing with delight as Collin and Kristy fell out of their boat thingie...it was my roommates.

Now, I know that I can get very excited and even rowdy when I am at a football game. I've been known to yell such things as "KILL HIM" and "RUN YOU IDIOT... PASS THE BALL...YOU'VE GOT A WHOLE TEAM OTHER THAN CHARLES ROBERTS!!! (as good as Charles is)" I've even been known to jump to my feet when the Bombers make a touchdown (seemed I did this a lot last season... this season, not so much). But I have never experienced anything like watching the Amazing Race with Cheryl and Rose. Cheryl was yelling and screaming, jumping up and down and yelling "GOD LOVES CHIP, GOD LOVES CHIP!" God loves Chip?!?!?!

My favourite moment however, was during the second hour of the show. I was on the phone in the other room and I heard screams of delight and enthusiasm. I poke my head into the living room and there are Cheryl and Rose on their feet both transfixed on the TV. Followed of course by screams of Joy as Chip and Kim win the Million dollars. Amazing. It was so loud and so bousterious (sp?) that I felt like I was at a football game... with 20,000 other fans... but then again, it was my roommates, if you know them, you'll understand.

TPB QUOTE:

"Are those rocks ahead?"
"If they are, we'll all be dead!"
Joyska at 2:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home