Joyska's Journal: by faith











Monday, December 05, 2005

by faith

Have you read Hebrews 11 lately? Actually the whole book of Hebrews is fascinating. The LORD is highlighting this whole "by faith" thing. In my prayer team briefing we are reading through Genesis and are on the story of Joseph. There was a man that had to hold on to all the promises as he found himself sold by his own brothers, bought by Potipher, betrayed by Potipher's wife, thrown into prison, prospered (AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEING LOCKED AWAY IN A DUGEON), was forgotten by those he helped, and was finally through listening to the LORD and interpreting the kings dream, was released and given "favour".

Talk about having faith. What strikes me about Joseph and all those mentioned in Hebrews 11, was that none of their journey's were easy. Abel walked in faith... was killed by his brother; Enoch, we don't know much about, but it is said that he pleased God and it is impossible to please God without faith. Noah... "hey let's build a MASSIVE boat and tell everyone they are going to die... just for fun! Noah had to have faith in God, and that he would actually do what he said, but he also had to have faith in something he had never seen before... rain. Sure God... whatever you say!

And then Abraham... left his home... believed God for a child even in His old age, believed God would save said child... and di before he saw the promise fulfilled... then there was Moses... great story... lots of hardships... didn't even get to cross the finish line...

But this is the thing... ALL OF THEM... had a different perspective. ALL OF THEM did not consider this life the end all of end all... ALL OF THEM had an ETERNAL perspective.

There are so many other examples of this as well. Paul for one. He figured out how to be content in all things... See it from God's perspective. It all works together for God's plan... That is the best part... it's GOD's PLAN... not mine.

So in light of my last post, what does that mean for me? Well...

it's time for a change in perspective. My not working with children for a time is not earth shattering... the earth has remained on it's axis and the earth did not open up and swallow me... at least not yet. (don't sit too close).

What I do know is that I have been given an incredible opportunity to go deeper into my relationship with the Lord and to hear his perspective for a while. And I get to do it with NO distractions. That is a big deal... a huge privledge... and an incredible honour that I want to steward well.

So it is December 5, and I am standing in a place of faith. I don't get it... I don't really know what happens next... I am often tempted to go home... but I KNOW THAT I KNOW that I am supposed to be here, and so I stand on the promises the Lord gives...and I will NOT worry, I will NOT stress... I will have faith that whatever I thought this was all gonna look like is going to look a lot better when the Lord is done with it.

He promised to provide all my needs. I believe him. He promised to be my rest... I Believe him... He promised that He would return... I believe Him... ETERNAL perspective.

Bring it on!
Joyska at 12:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home