Joyska's Journal: waiting for the promises











Saturday, April 29, 2006

waiting for the promises

There is something amazing about spending extended time in the prayer room. There is such a peace and restoration in this room... not just rest, but restoration. EVEN when I don't want to be here! haha

I won't lie. I don't know if I personally am an ANNA (the one who prayed in the temple day and night awaiting the coming of the Messiah), but this room is soooo good for me. I am committed to 24 hours a week, and it works out more like 30 when I do Night Watch. One thing I have noticed is that I am growing in my faith.

I remember a while ago, my big word in my head was CONTEND... contend for the breakthrough... FIGHT for the Lord to answer and move in the inner city, in winnipeg, in Kansas City, in the lives of my friends, for healing... it was all about getting before the Lord and making MY requests and desires known. It was about knowing his love too (don't get the wrong idea... it isn't all pacing and pounding) but for the most part, my attitude has been CONTEND, be the persistant widow... be one found knocking.

Those things are good and right. But the Lord is opening another way of looking at it. He knows what I need before I ask for it... and tonight at EGS I was reminded that he is "gracious to those whom he is gracious, and will have compassion on whom he will have compassion". (Exodus 33:17-23)

My prayers are about going deeper in relationship with Him. It's not necessarily about fighting for the things I think should happen. But He HAS MADE PROMISES. That is the slight tweak in my prayers. Rather than going before the Lord and contending with Him (yikes... there is a fight lost! haha) I want to come before Him and pray his promises. Not to remind Him of them, for that has it's own arrogance, but rather to agree with them. That is what he is looking for anyway isn't it? For a people who will agree with Him and NOT be offended by his judgements?

So rather than contend for a breakthrough in all the things, situations, and people I am praying for, I am shifting gears a little and praying the promises he has spoken throughout scripture over the things, situations, and especially people that are on my ever growing prayer list! (Thank you, by the way, for your requests... it's a privilege and honour to pray for you!) And rather than contend... I will wait to see the promises of the Lord fulfilled.

I have a meeting on Wednesday that I am excited about... but that is for the next post... :) Please just pray that the promises over my life would be fulfilled as well! (How's that for a way to get you to come back to my blog... I'm always thinking... hehe)
Joyska at 12:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home